Are you familiar with Google Classroom? It’s a free, classroom management system or learning management system (LMS), which allows you to enter assignments, tests, and post materials, such as the syllabus. Classroom keeps track of grades and missing assignments. You can communicate with students and parents by email through Google Classroom. When I taught professionally, the schools used a variety of classroom management systems. (Canvas is one popular LMS, currently.) Google Classroom dovetails seamlessly with the Google ecosystem of products: Meet, Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc.
I have been using different LMS for many, many years, beginning with Blackboard. Schools and Colleges changes LMS platforms frequently. I’ve tried several. I learned to keep my lessons, materials, and resources saved on an external drive; one time the school switched LMS six weeks into the school year. I like Google Classroom. It’s free and fairly intuitive to use. I post ‘how to’ YouTube videos, tests, assignments, and materials to Classroom. Below are some screenshots from my Chem class. See what you think.





No comments:
Post a Comment