The Young Explorers Chemistry and Physics (YECP) class meets once a week for 75 minutes. Today we did the rest of the chapter vocabulary, reviewed properties of matter, and did do Try this! exercises. Last week we weighed a bunch of objects with a digital scale. (I’m teaching high school Chem, too. I had cylinders, cubes, marbles, cork, etc for a density lab the high schoolers did.) We’re recording data in the Notebooking Journal. I’m working on recording, the title, the names of the objects, and units of measure under the projects section. The kiddos are learning to take a few notes, how to record data, and following directions. We also made it through the buoyancy experiment. The kiddos made aluminum boats and observed how many Pennie’s the boat holds and still floats. Yes, things were quite wet. However, the class is very enthusiastic. I only got one photo. I’ll work on it! There are three Co-op classes taking place simultaneously. I made it clear, the YECP group need my undivided attention.
Sorry this is so grainy. The twelve year old took the photos while I was helping high school students. Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh.


No comments:
Post a Comment