ORISE is the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education. They have loads and loads of lessons. (Be sure to take a look at the Oak Ridge History Museum. Oak Ridge was once a ‘secret city’.) Their middle school nuclear program is the Harnessed Atom—which is the program I use in Chemistry, if we can get to nuclear chemistry. Do a mini-unit about nuclear energy. ORISE is also offering AI and Us, an introduction to AI. Here is the guide. Explore AI as a family. Try different versions of AI. Have a deep discussion about AI and cheating. I’ve taught professionally in private and public schools, as well as at a small college. Cheating is a huge issue which seems to be getting worse and worse with AI. Let’s examine AI as a family and make it another interesting elective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment