Module 5 is all about the mole. Okay, there is some information about types of reactions, too. Here is an idea for a hands-on mole quiz. How many moles are in an empty soda can? The kids need to weigh the empty can, determine the element, aluminum, its atomic weight, and convert the mass of one empty can into moles. You could do this quiz with a sample of NaCl, too. Here is the slideshow I plan to share with my kids tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment