Paul, ten, is studying vertebrate and invertebrate animals. I decided to do a few extensions, beginning with Classifying Invertebrates. This activity begins with an animal sort. Surprise! I modified the activity. I instructed Paul to sort the animals into groups of animals, which he identified. Before Christmas, I bought a magnetic white board and dry erase label magnets from Walmart. (Below is a screenshot with the names for the whiteboard and labels.). Next, Paul sorted the animals into vertebrates and invertebrates. We switched the crab and iguana. Finally, he did the classification activity with the second set of cards. Did we need the whiteboard? Not really. But, I plan to do more sorting and labeling. Right now the white board is a bit of a novelty. Hey! It made the three activities more fun. Below are a few pix we’re adding to Paul’s portfolio. I find hands-on activities reinforce and review lessons. Hope this helps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...







No comments:
Post a Comment