Once in awhile it’s fun to insert a game into science, especially if you have a group. My Chemistry Co-op class makes elements cards which is also a game. I have commercial chemistry games I received as gifts, pictured below. The easiest game to make and play is Bingo. Here is a bingo card generator. Here is an example of Elements Bingo, complete with cards. You can use Bingo for vocabulary review. Give the kids a list of terms to write on their blank bingo cards. Remind them to write them in different places on the card—or everyone will yell Bingo! at the same time. Ask me how I know. There are loads of bingo patterns. I usually play cover-all, four corners, or postage stamp to enliven the game. Yes, you need prizes, such as candy, or snack packets. Bingo is a fun way to review.
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment