Experiment 5.1 is hard. During the COVID quarantine, I taught Chem remotely. I made this slideshow and the video below. I also spent hours and hours online working with kids individually. Once we do this lab in class, I’ll post a few tips. The slideshow has the lab steps and calculations. One tip is to use a large bowl and cover the surface of the bowl of water with a THIN layer of black pepper. This lab is both inexpensive and academically rigorous. Ideally, repeat the lab three times and average the results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment