The Royal Society of Chemistry has several resources for microscale chemistry. Microscale means using drops of chemicals instead of beakers of solutions. This approach is both cheaper and safer. You may recall using liters of corrosive acids in chem lab. RSC has this page of microscale equipment, including how to cut a pipette into a tiny spatula. Here is another article with tools, such as drinking straw scoop, for microscale with a few labs. Try a few labs before you commit. I like this Small Scale Lab Manual to use for labs. But, most of the time, I just use drops instead of mL for lab. If one uses five mL, substitute five drops. The kids get the same experience, just on a smaller scale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment