The kids are setting up and testing different combinations of chemicals. I have charcoal, iron filings, calcium chloride, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, and water. I have Epsom salts, too. I’ll let the kids test that, too. Right now, the kids are combining the water gel crystals with the three liquids. I instructed the kids to do several trials: charcoal and water, charcoal, salt, and water, charcoal and peroxide, etc. The goal is a hand warmer which is 30-40 degrees Celsius for at least five minutes. We might to a cost analysis, too. So far, so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment