I’m always looking for new ideas for my Co-op Chem class. I want these ideas to be affordable and use household products; moreover, these challenges should appeal to your family to try as a project, such as the Mighty Seltzer Rocket or Having a Ball with Chemistry and Engineeriing, i.e. make bouncy balls.
Here and here are instructions for the Cool Off Challenge, which uses rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, and clear carbonated beverages to test. What about a Thermos Design Challenge?
Maybe you would like to try Hot Ice? Again, this involves baking soda and vinegar to make sodium acetate. Hot Ice videos go viral regularly. I’ve tried every lab or recipe, even this chemistry lab, without any success. Trust me, this is a challenge.
Another popular challenge is the Airbag Challenge (or here are extensive instructions) using baking soda and vinegar. FYI, this lab is High School level Chemistry, Stoichiometry, not a family project. I’ll keep hunting for more challenge ideas. Even with budget constraints, I want you to do labs!
No comments:
Post a Comment