Let me share several resources I use to teach Periodic Trends. One of the most helpful tools is this Periodic Trends chart. I use this Chapter, which has descriptions of different periodic trends and share it with the kids. Right below are examples of Flinn’s Plotting Trends. Friendly Chemistry has this Link demonstrating how to plot periodic trends with spaghetti and homemade play dough. Friendly Chemistry placed the play dough under the copy of the periodic table. I think the spaghetti would stick just like a straw. No, I don’t think it’s a good idea to stick any play dough on the periodic table located inside the cover of your textbook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...


No comments:
Post a Comment