Today, the Chem Co-op class is going to annotate and Color Code the Periodic Table in class. Basically, the kids will name and color the families among the elements. We spend time reviewing the origins of names of the elements, too. I include the Chalcogens and Pnictogens. Below is an example. I took a photo of the names of the families. We color-coded the tables with the same family colors the kids used for their Summer Assignments. We discussed briefly the numbering systems used for Periodic Tables. There are many, many different Periodic Tables; take a look at this Gallery. Today, we just named families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment