The kids used the Ions Kits, described here, and results from the Ionic Compound Lab to make, name, and write formulas for the ionic compounds formed in the lab. Whew! Below is a completed, sample data table and the names. I made a video showing how the kids use the ion cards and ion chart to write and name compounds. Aaaarrrgggghhhh! The kids are all over the place in terms of their understanding. A few are miles ahead. A few missed the lab and are scrambling to recover. Two are miles ahead and meeting remotely. Sound familiar? In any case, I hope this exercise is useful. One caveat: this exercise is challenging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment