I was at a training workshop when I first saw a conductometer. Teens out wax chips on each spoke or rod and time how long it takes to melt each chip. Here and here are excellent descriptions and lab ideas. I have a gas stove; we’re going to see if it works over stereo. The teens load chips of wax on a small dip in the spoke and time how long it takes to melt on each spike. Each of the five metals, Al, Fe, steel, Cu, and brass, have different properties. The conductometer is another way to reinforce physical properties. Take a look at the results below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment