Last summer I came across The Chemistry of Bathtub Tints from Vernier. One suggestion is to measure the conductivity and pH of bathtub tints dissolved in water. FYI the bath tints contain sodium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate, and citric acid. I pulled out my tub tints and some Alka-Seltzer tablets, which contain sodium bicarbonate, aspirin, and citric acid. My kids will test the pH and conductivity of both tub tints and Alka-Seltzer tablets. This lab goes well with Properties of Matter or Physical Properties in Apologia’s Chemistry textbook. Try it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment