Are you familiar with POGIL? These worksheets can act as introductions to new science topics. Here is the sample page with a table of contents. I’m using this nomenclature activity (Key) Naming Ionic Compounds, (Key), Naming Molecular Compounds (Key). I took a POGIL workshop. The kids are supposed to work in groups of four and assume defined roles. Additionally, POGIL is a year-long approach to science instruction. It originated at the introductory, college level. Even at the workshop I was appalled at the idea of doing POGIL all year long. But, I love some of the activities. I find a little goes a long way. BTW my teens work in pairs, usually over-thinking and arguing their way through each activity. Try one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment