Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Young Explorers Chemistry and Physics: Slime

 Lesson 4 in Apologia’s Chemistry and Physics textbook mentions polymers.  The project to grow crystals. But these are younger kiddos!  We’re making slime, one polymer kiddos can understand.  I happen to like making slime and have a few recipes: Stretchy Hair Gel Slime, Hair Conditioner Slime, and  these slime recipes from HST.  

Do you want a little background?  ACS The Joy in Toys has a bit of background about polymers.  Playing with Polymers and teacher’s notes comprise a lesson,   Please note that the links in the teacher’s guide are broken.  However, the notes can guide you if you want details about how to present the polymers materials.



No comments:

Post a Comment

UVA Physics Lab Collection

 I don’t teach Physics.  Period.  I can manage Physical Science; Physics is a bridge too far.  My husband, Rob, teaches Physics.  My job is ...