The next Biology class has some very bright kids and kids with learning differences. I’m looking for labs I can do with everyone and differentiate among the class. The AP Biology Lab Manual is inquiry based. I want ideas to adapt. For example, the Osmosis lab in the AP lab manual has ideas.
Exploratorium’s Agar Cell Diffusion Science Activity has clear instructions. Knox gelatin works well. Just reduce the amount of water. Here is a similar lab with a data table. Another lab is Photosynthesis with spinach leaf disks. I already do this lab. But, we could modify the data. In truth, I didn’t realize the lab was an AP Bio lab. Whoops! I’m planning Bottle Biology. Here is the AP Biology lab. Carolina’s Systems Modeling might be interesting to try, too. If your teen is bright, look for similar labs which can be scaled up to make experiments more interesting. I’ll keep you posted.



No comments:
Post a Comment