Gas Law labs are tricky. Do the lab or experiment before you read the module. The module makes more sense after you see the application. Using the Ideal Gas Law has two labs: Charles’ Law, and a second lab with hydrogen peroxide and yeast. Look at the diagram. The second lab uses an inverted graduated cylinder to capture gas. The MEL Chemistry Starter kits have Erlenmeyer flasks, one hole stoppers, and metal tubes for the plastic tubing. Temu has 10 mL cylinders for less than $2; you might want to buy a set of cylinders and beakers. Sets are $10 on Temu and $13 on Amazon. I use polypropylene cylinders for labs. (The only exception is for measuring concentrated acids.). I bought used MEL kits from Good Will. Don’t pay more than $30 for a used set.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment