I like MEL kits. However, they aren’t a replacement for basic Chemistry. Instead, most of the labs are interesting demonstrations I never have time for in my Co-op class, such as Tin Dendrites. This year, I’m teaching Biology. However, I suspect three of the kids will be miles ahead of the rest of the Co-op class. I use kits, like these, as rewards. When I’m slogging through Biochemistry for the fourth week in a row, and have exhausted every enzyme lab in my repertoire, the kids who understand the material can play with MEL kits. This type of reward often bolsters the entire class, all of whom want to play with the fancy kits. We can do one demo as a reward for finally finishing Biochem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment