I love to add Art to my Chemistry curriculum. Many students’ favorite labs involve art. AACT has ChemClub Art Links. (ChemClub is part of AACT, which requires a membership. However, most of these links are available from other websites: Chemistry Colors Our World, Stained Glass Windows, and DIY Fresco Art for Kids. Here is Paint a Fresco with some chemical background. Here is Colorful Lather Printing and Flinn has Tie-Dying. Here are instructions to marble rocks. Here are instructions to hydro-dip wood. (Plastic yogurt containers and glass don’t work as well. Ask me how I know.) Here is an explanation about putting a non polar substance on polar water—which explains nail polish or paint on water and marbling. Yes, these labs take time from class or other labs. Kids love them! Think how colorful your garden will be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...





No comments:
Post a Comment