My Co-op Biology class has been making sketches and taking digital screen shots of microscope slides. I plan to have them make detailed sketches when we do the dissection specimens, too. In fact, I bought a bunch of realistic toy animals to sketch, as well. Is there any value? I’m old school; sketching has always been a part of a standard Biology class. Additionally, sketching slides is part of the Apologia Biology curriculum. I found this UK teacher’s guide, Biological Drawing, which has a great introduction explaining how sketches make students examine objects more closely. Yes! Biological Drawing is a handbook, too; although the detail is more suitable for college students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...






No comments:
Post a Comment