Some of my friends love astronomy. Good for them! I do realize some of you do, too. Have you attended a star party? What about a night festival? Neither have I. But other people do! Here are some of this year’s astronomical events, such as the Perseus Meteor Shower in the summer. (No, I didn’t know it ran for over a month. I didn’t realize the news only reported the peak time in August. Huh.) First, here is an article describing a typical star party. One of my young friends likes to attend star parties at Shenandoah National Park—where it’s dark. (We live near Quantico with lots of light pollution. Basically, I can see the moon and a solar eclipse. Period.) I found this list of star parties and night festivals. Just don’t expect a lot of fanfare. If the grandparents give your family a telescope for Christmas, consider toting it to a star party. This might be your new favorite hobby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment