I tell my chemistry classes about the hazards of mixing Bleach and Ammonia. The Facebook Chemistry group posted this worksheet, Dangerous Household Reactions, and the Infograph below. The NFPA has a similar article. Take a look at Building a Better Bleach, a Chemmatters article. Here is a safety fact sheet about bleach and other incompatible chemicals. This article, Never Mix Bleach and Ammonia, has tips if you do mix the two. Go over these hazards with your family before they start getting creative mixing cleaning products in the half-bath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment