Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Apologia Biology: Biological or Dichotomous Keys
The first two editions of Apologia Biology have dichotomous or biological keys in the first module; the third edition does not. I like to introduce dichotomous keys. In addition to the key in the textbook, we use Dichotomous Key Practice with buttons. The kids build their own dichotomous key with buttons, too. These buttons work well. My classes do Alien Dichotomous keys (Answer Key). Identification handbooks use dichotomous keys. Here is an example. We do three or four keys, with the button diy key as homework. Usually, this is plenty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment