Biology and Human Anatomy classes involve the microscope and slides. Here is a post about the digital microscopes we use. Where can you buy microscope slides? This set of slides for kids runs about $10; it’s a good basic set for beginners. Good Will often has slides. Home Science Tools has the Apologia Biology set—but it’s $45. I bought a set of 200 slides for my Biology Co-op classes for about $115. This purchase was an investment; I hope to teach Biology or Anatomy for several years.
Are you on a strict budget? I recommend this set of 25 slides for about $17. This set has a nice variety of slides for Biology. Also, buy an onion root tip slide to observe the stages of mitosis. If your entire science budget is $100, use images, such as this one, pond life, or blood. Save your money for household chemicals you’ll need for lab: baggies, cornstarch, iodine, meat tenderizer, split peas, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment