Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Mad Science Camp: Discrepant Events
I love discrepant events. What are they? Usually, discrepant events are demos that make kids think. I used to set out discrepant toys in my classroom. My favorite is the Poly Density Kit. Even the kids who put the kit together have difficulty explaining the phenomena. (Spoiler is here.). Another discrepant event is the Shrinking Coin Bank. (Here is a micro-bank opened to show the mirrors.). Have you tried the Disappearing Beaker? (The link has the underlying optical science. Basically, light canola oil has the same index of refraction as the Pyrex beaker.) Here are nine pages of discrepant events for science. You’re welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment