Thursday, December 3, 2020
Brain Powered Science
My kids are working on discrepant events. I ordered a copy of Brain Powered Science—this link has the table of contents, the list of discrepant events, and a sample activity. Many of these discrepant events use toys: rattlebacks, sound tubes, and tornado or vortex tubes, available at Educational Innovations, one of my favorite stores. The activities, explanations, and suggestions are wordy—very wordy. But, when I’m unfamiliar with a demo, I appreciate some context and explanations—just not quite that much. Used copies of Brain Powered Science are $6-$7. You may want to read the Educational Innovations blog, too for ideas and extensions with the science toys, such as this post in conjunction with the sound tube or Whirly Tube. BTW, corrugated plastic tube from Lowe’s or Home Depot usually works, too. Try swinging it in the store first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment