I just saw the Jarod Magnet Body on Good Will—which made me think about using magnets for science. Walmart has these dry erase magnetic shelf labels, which are reusable. Here is a bit of information about magnetic task boards. How could you use this idea? There is quite a bit of labeling in science: cell organelles, microscopes, skeletons, rock cycle, water cycle, etc. Have your child create the labels and use the textbook or diagram to label, say the parts of the flower. The labels are effectively a word bank. You can mix up the labels to help your child study before a labeling quiz—or to take a quiz with the label word bank. I ordered a small magnetic whiteboard and labels to try this technique. I’ll post examples of activities next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment