I have used Forensics at Science Camp. The experiments are just fun. At the Camp, we invited a police officer to show up how to map a crime scene. At Camp, we measured a room. Let me share a few ideas. Do you want your own crime scene? Here are recipes for fake blood at The Forensics Teacher, along with these labs: Easy Fingerprinting, examining money, crime scene, shoe prints, etc. Stem Works has these ideas, including Wingspan. When you browse Stem Works, note the paper chromatography and mystery powders labs. You can add a Forensics unit to Chemistry or Physical Science classes. DNA and blood tests dovetail with Biology. I’m going to talk with my Chemistry kids to see if they would like to do a Forensics project with some of these activities from ACS.
Monday, December 28, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment