I’ve taught Human Anatomy to both elementary and high school level students. Some activities work for both groups. I like measurable tasks for labs with inexpensive equipment. These activities use rulers, rubber bands, paper clips, and clothespins. Start with Reaction Times or catching a ruler. Next is Muscle Fatigue with a clothespin; Muscle Models require rubber bands and a ruler. Measure your Wingspan vs Height. Prod nerves with paper clips for a Nervous Experiment. Prod gently! Here are several nervous system experiments. Treat these activities like any lab. Collect and graph the data. Take photos and repeat trials. Explain what is happening in terms of anatomy and physiology. Simple doesn’t mean stupid. Want to expand on these activities? Ask a nurse friend to bring over her stethoscope, oximeter, and blood pressure cuff to show the kids how to do a nursing assessment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment