The Facebook Chemistry group mentions Tales from the Poisoner’s Handbook frequently. I didn’t realize the Tales are from PBS. Tales is an online graphic novel with stories of crimes from the 1920s that formed the basis for Forensic science. Along with the Tales are these labs. I like to assign Chemmatters articles with labs, such as The Forensics of Blood—which goes along with the carbon monoxide activity from Tales. My kids are doing Mystery Powders over the Christmas Break—which is a standard CSI lab. I’ve been holding contests to make remote Chemistry class more fun. I’m going to talk to the kids about the next contest, a DIY CSI lab. The prize is syringe pens! I’ll post more about the CSI lab project once we determine the details and project requirements.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment