I have one more presentation upcoming. This student examines cloning in terms of the way clones are presented in popular media: films, comic strips, and novels. Whew! He used Cavin and Hobbes, Ender’s Game’s ‘buggers’, Star Wars’ Cone Wars, and Ultron’s cloned robots, vastly different imagined clones. Yes, this student examines every topic carefully—often with novel methods!
Update: Just below are excerpts from another presentation. This student has two brothers with Down’s Syndrome. She wanted to focus her presentation on the dignity of each person. Take a look.
The kids began presenting their Bioethics projects. The first two have restricted access. I took a few screen shots to share with you below, to gauge the caliber of the submissions. The kids are passionate on the topic. We had an outstanding discussion. As Roman Catholics, the Church calls for the respect for life from ‘conception to natural death’. These teens embrace the Catholic faith fervently. My son is a Catholic priest. He and a friend, Mary, are experts on Bioethics. They are planning a presentation for the kids. I’ll record and post it in a couple weeks.








No comments:
Post a Comment