I’ve been thinking about codes, such as Morse code. Here is a military website with another explanation, alphabet, and numbers. Here are instructions for making a simple telegraph. Last spring I bought two FOSS Next Generation Energy and Electromagnet kits for less than $50 with shipping from Good Will online. Note that I bought two drawers which are part of a year-long series of experiments for Grades 5-6. Rob and I used the kit for science camp last June. We’ll use the circuits and telegraph kit for Physics. The kit is intended for elementary-age students. But, Rob has had trouble with circuit kits which work. He’s using the kit for his module on electricity and magnetism because the kit works. Here’s my point. The FOSS kits have a tremendous number of materials. New sets are cost prohibitive. However, eBay often has kits available. The electromagnetism sets are a good value under $50. I took pix of the Delta textbook and the Energy Investigation Guide. The FOSS drawers I bought did NOT have the Investigation guide, which has detailed instructions for circuits, electromagnets, and telegraphs. The Delta and FOSS kits are written for teachers who might not have a science background: therefore these kits are also useful to home-school families. Try to locate a bargain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...











No comments:
Post a Comment