I’ve hosted any number of Science Camps for kids. Many kids return every year for more fun. Consequently, I need loads of different themes. For the Joy of Toys theme, kids like making optical illusions, such as Exploratorium’s Flip Sticks with these templates. The flip sticks are thaumatropes. Here Is another optical illusion, a Zoetrope. Here is a simple zoetrope to make. Here is a sturdier version with a template. Here are blank templates. Here is a zoetrope horse pattern. Finally, here are several more template patterns. (FYI, I use some of these ideas and adapt them for Religious Education and VBS.)
Wednesday, February 28, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment