Thursday, February 8, 2024

March Madness!

 Why so many posts?  My husband and I volunteer to do taxes.  We also substitute for Religious Ed, teach Co-op, and tutor friends and neighbors.  My blog posts are going to be more erratic.  Let me get them in when I feel inspired.

Flinn Science published March Madness or Sweet 16 activities.  Each one uses sports brackets for different themes.  Here is Sweet 16 Drosophilia (fruit fly genetics with a reference link), Sweet 16 Cell, March Madness It’s Elementary, Sweet 16 Chemical Formulas Tournament, Sweet 16 Mineral Identification Tournament, and Sweet 16 Amino Acid Tournament.  Yes, there are even more online.  Full disclosure: I didn’t do these for a loooonnng time because I didn’t understand brackets.  I finally asked my colleague, Dave, a football coach, to explain brackets.  It turns out another colleague, Amy, didn’t understand them either, for which I was grateful, because I felt stupid.  Now that I understand what a bracket is, these activities are much easier to both do and explain.



No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...