I use graphing calculators in Chemistry. My husband, Rob, uses them in his Algebra classes, especially Algebra II. I keep a caddy with a dozen graphing calculators. I like the TI 84 because it comes loaded with software to connect with Vernier probes, such as EasyTemp. Rob and I lend calculators to students. I keep six or seven TI 83 models to lend. Most of our calculators are used. I’ve bought calculators from eBay and Amazon. However I’ve had the best luck with Good Will online. I look for calculators which work, not those sold ‘as is’—too much of a gamble. I like to buy lots because it can save on shipping costs. My target price for a TI 83 model is $15 each with shipping and $25–$35 each for a TI 84 model. I have a rechargeable TI 84; it doesn’t hold a charge very well. The battery life is good with standard TI 83/84 calculators.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment