Calorimetry is one of those labs useful for Biology or Chemistry. You don’t need a kit or to buy a calorimeter. ( Do a Google search to get an idea about prices.) Calorimetry measures calories. Essentially, in this lab, teens burn food to see the change in temperature in a cup of water. Make your own Soda Can Calorimeter. Here is a lab to use. Here are more directions. (I have to read several sources before I completely understand both the instructions and the mechanics of a lab, especially one I haven’t performed previously.). Have several soda cans available. I change out the can and the cold water with each test to let the can cool.
Monday, February 19, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment