I want to remain accountable to you, the reader. Do you really do the activities suggested here? Yes! Today we went over the slideshows mentioned here in the post. Then the teens worked on their comparison charts and paper dissections. As they work, these kids ask questions. What is the toxin in the nematocyst? How do jellyfish digest their prey? Are their gonads specialized or hermaphroditic? I hedge my answers. Usually the gonads in jellyfish are either male or female. Biology was my undergrad major. There always seem to be exceptions. The kids started the paper dissections, too. Yes, there is still a colossal mess. I am so excited! The kids are very engaged. They are working at home to improve their paper dissections. I’m saving these models to use as examples next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...










No comments:
Post a Comment