My Co-op Biology class is making polymer clay models with their Paper Dissections. Clay is a versatile material for science. The last time I taught Human Anatomy, I ran across Anatomy in Clay. (Here are free resources from Anatomy in Clay. They do require registration.) We made a number of organs with clay. Additionally, kids can use clay to make Cell Models. Here and here is a cross curricular lesson between microbiology and art. Take a look at Scholastic’s Germ Learning lesson. Make the Layers of Earth or Landforms in clay. Make your own clay! This is another science lesson. Compare the properties of Play-doh with different recipes for homemade clay. Right now my Co-op Bio class is going to finish Porifera models and start Cnidaria.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment