Okay, there are many more cloud activities for families. You are going to want some cloud charts. Here, here, and here are cloud charts. Here is the Clouds eTraining module, part of the Atmosphere module. When I teach Physical Science, there is a Weather Module. I usually do The Layers of the Atmosphere Activity. This atmosphere version is a collage. Here is one more version, with clip art. The Cloudscape ‘sky scene’ make an awesome graphic for you home-school classroom. I like open-ended activities. I show my teens several versions of the activity and provide materials for them to craft their own ‘Layers of the Atmosphere’ mini-project.
Here is the GLOBE Elementary grades storybook, ‘Do You Know that Clouds Have Names?’ (No, I didn’t know that contrail comes from condensation trail either.) Here is the original Cloud Protocol. Here is the Elementary GLOBE protocol with ‘To Spread or Not to Spread’ about contrails. Scroll down this page to see the Cloud Protocol Field Guides: Cloud and Contrail Visible Opacity, Cloud and Contrail Cover, Cloud Type and Contrail Type, and Sky Color and Sky Visibility. No, before I took GLOBE training, I had no idea how complicated Clouds were. Don’t despair! Start with identifying clouds and see if your family wants to pursue the topic. Often kids do!
No comments:
Post a Comment