Friday, March 1, 2024

Try This At Home: Physics

 My husband, Rob, teaches Physics regularly for our local Co-op.  I’m always looking for new ideas.  His class wants to do something fun.  First is Do Try This at Home and detailed instructions.  The site has instructional videos for each experiment.  Many of these are new to me.  The only one I am familiar with is #13 Bouncing High or Stacked Ball Drop. (Try sticking a ping pong ball on a tennis ball.). 


Here is an article about a ‘take home physics kit’.  I located labs to coincide with the experiments described: Pendulum lab, Archimedes Lab, Cartesian Diver, DVD Spectroscope, , Ohm’s Law lab, Hooke’s Law lab, and the Speed of Sound lab.  The article also shows a homemade scale used to measure density.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...