Friday, March 15, 2024

Let’s write rubrics!

  Okay, my rubrics are really checklists for the kids’ projects.  Here is a typical scoring rubric for a disease project.  Below is the rubric and point value I’m using for a disease project.  Here’s the difference: the kids in the Biology class wrote the rubric.  I asked them to determine which components should be present in their posters.  I typed the list and added it to Google Classroom.  Rubric done!  If they have all of these components, they earn full credit.  If any component is missing or confusing, I ask them to correct the problem before receiving full credit.  Sit down with your teen and determine the scope, parameters, and components for the next project.  One interesting note: kids tend to make harder rubrics than teachers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...