The Co-op Biology class is studying animals by comparing the nine, main phyla with this chart. (We’re adding and refining categories. For example, we added Nutrition, Ecological Niche, Waste removal, and Unique Features. It’s likely there will be more categories.) The kids are making dissections and clay models. Is this process working? I decided to do an impromptu test. I asked the kids to list the main traits for Phyla Porifera and Cnidaria. They did! That was my question: Were the kids learning about the animals’ characteristics? Yes, we are using slideshows initially. But the kids are using textbooks and diagrams to examine details for their paper dissections and clay models. I think they’re absorbing information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment