Sunday, March 3, 2024

Glow in the Dark Fun!

 Once I get out my UV flashlight for Contagion the kids want to do more glow in the dark activities.  I have a bunch!  First is Glow in the Dark Water, with tonic water.  Next is UV Beads and Sunscreen tests.  Test different sunscreens.  Last summer’s sunscreen is fine; the lotions and sprays are designed to last for a few years.  Try the Cool Blue Light Experiment. (N.B. I have had mixed results with this lab.). Here is Glow in the Dark Jello.  Kitchen Spectroscopy tests which ordinary substances glow in the dark.  Have your kids shine the UV flashlight on their t-shirts to see if they fluoresce.  Laundry detergents may have optical whiteners which remain on clothes; stains often fluoresce.  Add glow powder to slime you make yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...