Thursday, March 12, 2020
Apologia Chemistry: Acids and Bases
I am planning materials in case Co-op is quarantined. Happily, it is pretty easy to do pH labs at home. I am ordering extra pH strips. We can do the Household Lab from the textbook. I have the kids grab loads of different household chemicals: baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice, tonic water, shampoo, soft soap, hand sanitizer, clear liquids. The kids make a table with their prediction and the results. We will do the Acid Base Titration using the textbook, too. If we are quarantined, the kids will do some of the PhET simulations such as Acid Base Solutions. PhET has several good simulations for Chemistry. For me, simulations are a last resort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment