Thursday, March 5, 2020

Tech Again

What type of technology is easy to use for science?  One of the easiest data logger is Pasco’s GLX Xplorer.  This eBay listing has two thermometers and a voltmeter.  Both the steel probe and the white string are thermometers.  This listing has the CD and user manual. (The quick start guide is here.  I just looked at the user guide.  Wow!).  Here is a better deal on the GLX; however it does NOT include the adapter.  A good target price is $30 with shipping.

I use the GLX Xplorer with a thermometer—just as I use the thermometer with my TI 84 graphing calculator.  Here is the Energy Transfer Lab which requires a steel thermometer.  The Specific Heat Lab is written for the GLX.  One more!  The Latent Heat of Fusion  requires a thermometer and is written for the GLX.

The GLX has loads of functions.  No, I do not use half of it’s capacity.  Listen, I do NOT use half of the capacity of my iPhone or iPad either.  The GLX is rugged.  This is my suggestion for an entry level data cooling device.

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...