Monday, March 9, 2020
Here is why I stick with Christian textbooks for science...
I use Apologia science textbooks with my Co-op kids. Why? I trust Apologia. I bring in labs, articles, and materials from a wide variety of sources. But Apologia textbooks are Christian. The world of Science is highly politicized and expects science teachers to be liberal and political, too. Right now science news sites such as Science by AAAS, Science Daily, or Scientific American are dominated by the coronavirus. However, if you scroll down and browse the topics many are inappropriate for teens, are dominated by climate news and evolution. I am careful about topics I introduce. I want to teach Chemistry or Biology or Anatomy. Period. We have enough challenges to our faith. This is why I trust Apologia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment