Here are two exceptions to the Aufbau principle.
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Apologia Chemistry: Module 7 Quantum and Electron Configurations
Today I did my lecture on Quantum Theory and lesson on electron configurations. I used several resources. First, the kids have read the module. (They are rereading the section on electron configurations for Thursday.) This powerpoint slideshow is a good overview of electron configurations. Khan Academy has an overview. I give the kids a brief history of the development of Quantum Theory and then refer to analogies. One popular analogy is the apartment house (POGIL's Electron Configuration packet. Key) Then, we dive into the configurations. As I teach, I am referring to my analogy, explaining energy levels, and demonstrating different orbital diagrams. (I use the Metro rules and George Foreman for my analogy. No, I did not tape it. I checked my videos. I have never recorded the lesson. Use the apartment house analogy here.) We are going over electron configurations again Thursday. I want to do flame tests Thursday, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment