Usually, at camp, we make a big batch of super bubbles on Friday, towards the end of Camp, and let the kids play. I might have the kids test to see which dish detergent makes the best, biggest, or longest lasting bubbles. But, I keep running across this Bubble Science Kit. Happily, the Exploratorium has ideas for Bubble Science, including Giant bubbles and Soap-bubble shapes. Be sure to add corn syrup or glycerin to the dish soap bubble recipe to increase the bubbles’ structural integrity. (Yes, corn syrup works well in place of glycerine. I never have enough funds at Camp for glycerine.). Here are detailed instructions for making pipe cleaner joints and geometric shapes. Here are instructions threading the pipe cleaners through the straws instead of using them as joints for the straws. We tested bubbles. See below.
Thursday, May 14, 2020
Mad Science Camp: Bubbles
Update: Look at these instructions for making giant bubble wands. Very cool.
Usually, at camp, we make a big batch of super bubbles on Friday, towards the end of Camp, and let the kids play. I might have the kids test to see which dish detergent makes the best, biggest, or longest lasting bubbles. But, I keep running across this Bubble Science Kit. Happily, the Exploratorium has ideas for Bubble Science, including Giant bubbles and Soap-bubble shapes. Be sure to add corn syrup or glycerin to the dish soap bubble recipe to increase the bubbles’ structural integrity. (Yes, corn syrup works well in place of glycerine. I never have enough funds at Camp for glycerine.). Here are detailed instructions for making pipe cleaner joints and geometric shapes. Here are instructions threading the pipe cleaners through the straws instead of using them as joints for the straws. We tested bubbles. See below.
Usually, at camp, we make a big batch of super bubbles on Friday, towards the end of Camp, and let the kids play. I might have the kids test to see which dish detergent makes the best, biggest, or longest lasting bubbles. But, I keep running across this Bubble Science Kit. Happily, the Exploratorium has ideas for Bubble Science, including Giant bubbles and Soap-bubble shapes. Be sure to add corn syrup or glycerin to the dish soap bubble recipe to increase the bubbles’ structural integrity. (Yes, corn syrup works well in place of glycerine. I never have enough funds at Camp for glycerine.). Here are detailed instructions for making pipe cleaner joints and geometric shapes. Here are instructions threading the pipe cleaners through the straws instead of using them as joints for the straws. We tested bubbles. See below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment